Monday, May 28, 2012

Understand The Anointing!

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you... (1 John 2:27).


When someone is anointed of the Holy Spirit, it means he's empowered with divine ability to accomplish things beyond human wisdom and strength. He can do things that natural men can't do or understand, because of the anointing working in him. It's lie what the Apostle Paul said in Colossians 1:29: "Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." Paul was referring to the anointing of God's Spirit, testifying to it as the supernatural ability by which he functioned.


Acts 10:38 says "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him." All the mighty works Jesus did, as recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were done through the anointing of the Holy Ghost working in Him; He did them as a man sent and anointed of God: "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you..." (Acts 1:8).


John 3:34 says "For he whom God hath sent speaketh the Words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him" That means the one who's sent of God is anointed without measure; and you're sent of God, for Jesus said in John 20:21: "...as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you." You can accomplish the same things Jesus did by reason of the anointing that you've received of Him: " ...the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father" (John 14:12).


No wonder Paul said, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."(Philippians 4:13). He was referring to the anointing of God's Spirit at work in Him; take advantage of that power in your life today.




Confession
The anointing of God's Spirit that's at work in me energizes and strengthens me to function supernaturally today! I can do all things by reason of that anointing, in Jesus' Name. Amen.



Rhapsody of Realities    May 22, 2012
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment