Sunday, December 4, 2011

Born With The "Love Nature"

Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us (Romans 5:5 AMP).

In Matthews 5:17, Jesus said "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." He said this because He lived as a Jew, born under the Old Covenant; under the Law. So He had an obligation to keep and fulfill the requirements of the Law: "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" (Galatians 5:14).

Love is the new and only commandment the children of Israel had to obey: "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another" (John 13:34). God knew if they would walk in love, they would have obeyed all the other commandments He gave through Moses. But they were unable to keep those commandments because they didn't have the love-nature. Their hearts were hardened, for they were unregenerate men. The Lord declared He would give men a new heart and a new spirit: "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh" (Ezekiel 36:26). 

This is the reason when you're born again love becomes your nature. Romans 5:5 says "...And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." This was God's plan all along, to usher into the scene a new class of men, born of Him, with His nature of love. When Jesus died, and was raised back to life, the greatest miracle  ever occurred: This new species of love-led, love-filled and love-dominated beings was born!

We're the ones the Apostle Paul describes as new creations in 2 Corinthians 5:17, with the life and nature of God in our spirits. Now, you don't have to struggle to walk in love; you can live the love-life naturally. You can now love those around you with the same supernatural love that God expressed in John 3:16.



PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your nature of love which has been poured into my heart through the Holy Spirit. I manifest that love lavishly today to everyone around me, showing them the higher and more excellent way of the Kingdom life-- the love-way! Thank you for loving me eternally, and teaching me to love you in return, in Jesus' Name. Amen.



Rhapsody of Realities   December 3, 2011
-Pastor  Anita Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment