Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wake Up And Run!

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain (1 Corinthians 9:24).

I remember the story of a little boy whose father asked him one day: "What would you like to be when you grow up?" "I'd like to be the best footballer," replied the boy. So the next day, as early as 5 a.m., his dad came into his room and woke him up. When he checked the time he was surprised that his father would wake him up so early. "Daddy it's just 5 a.m.," he said, turning in bed; "I still have to sleep." But his father said, "No, my boy. Last night, you said you wanted to be the best footballer. If that's going to happen then you've got to learn to wake up early, jog and train everyday. If you do this until you're eighteen years old, you'll be the best."

Reluctantly, the boy got up from the bed and went to jog with his daddy. But that's not the end of the story. He eventually became the best, and when asked how he did it, he said, "I owe it all to my dad." What does this tell you? It's not enough to make a decision for success; you've got to "wake up and run!" You've chosen to be the best; now do it!

For instance, you may have decided to be the best writer in the world; don't just wait for it to happen. Start writing now. Practice writing at every opportunity and improve your vocabulary. Before long, you'll be the best writer around. This applies to any field of endeavour; once you've made a decision to be the best, train yourself; put your abilities to  before you and say "Now, I will manage them till I become the best."

Also, avoid distractions.You can't spend hours of your day watching movies for example and expect to be the best in anything serious. Instead of watching the news from sun up to sun down, make up your mind to make the news. Train yourself; start reading the right materials and invest in your mind. Be a student, a banker or a lawyer with a difference. Drive your mind to improve your abilities; "wake up and run!"


PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for giving me the ability to be the best in everything I do. Thank you for helping me gain the mastery in my field; I function today at a high level of excellence, in Jesus' Name. Amen.



Rhapsody of Realities    September 5, 2011
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment