Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Possessor Of All Things!

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21).


The latter part of the verse of scripture above is a present-hour reality; it's not a promise. A Christian is a possessor; he's not someone who's trying to have. This is very important, and it's one truth you must hold on to for your faith to be as effective as it should. 

Something you need to understand about the subject of faith is that faith is NOW. It doesn't look forward to the blessings of God coming to pass; it possesses. So in walking by faith, you're not hoping or believing to have anything, for you already possess all things. You're not expecting anything from God, for all things have been made available to you in Christ Jesus.

Many people express hope and wonder why there's been no change in their situation. Faith is what works; not hope. Hope is futuristic, while faith is of the present. Hope says "I believe for a miracle" but faith says "I have a miracle!" There's a great difference between the two. You're already a believer, and that makes you a possessor: "He that believeth... hath...!" (John 3:36). So stop waiting for God to do something about your case; take what is yours. 

Don't wait; take your healing now. Take that job. That miracle you thought would happen last year but didn't happen, because you were "believing God" for it, failed, because believing is not faith, and faith is not believing! Stop saying, "I believe I will receive my healing someday," say, "I have divine health, therefore I refuse to be sick." That's what the Word says: "And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity" (Isaiah 33:24).



CONFESSION
I refuse to struggle for anything because all things are mine! I'm a possessor of all things because I'm the seed of Abraham. My faith is producing results for me today as I act on the Word. I'm walking in the reality of who I am in Christ--an heir of God, and a joint heir with Christ, in Jesus' Name. Amen.


Rhapsody of Realities         January 26, 2012
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome




Trelan's notes:
 Please don't misunderstand the context in which Pastor Chris speaks of belief. He said "believing" in reference to "hoping".  Meaning the belief is not immediate, firm nor combined with receiving the desired end result spiritually.
Faith requires you seeing yourself as having received the desired results right this second, giving thanks for (, endorsing) it and behaving that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment