Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Such As You Have... Give!"

Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength (Acts 3:6-7).


Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18 "...these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils... they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."  He didn't say we should negotiate with sickness; He said heal the sick. Lay your hands on the sick and they shall recover. The apostles didn't pray for those who were sick; they healed them. Peter healed the crippled man at the gate of the temple called Beautiful. He said to the man: "...Look on us" (Acts 3:4).

The impotent man, expecting to receive alms, gave Peter and John his attention, but Peter didn't have any money on him at the time. But he knew he had something greater than money; the Name of Jesus. Hence he said to the impotent man, "...silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee..." Peter made a demand on the Name of Jesus and a miracle took place. He transmitted the power of God into the man's body using the Name of Jesus.

It reminds me of a certain lady confined to a wheelchair because she was unable to walk. I had preached during the service on the Name of Jesus and as I looked at her, I noticed she had been crying, I said to her, "In the Name of Jesus, get up." She leapt off the wheelchair instantly, walking and praising God. I had something to give.

We've been given the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus. You can bless your world with the Name of Jesus and the life of God in you. When you make a demand on that Name, miracles take place. Your hands are not empty; they are divine instruments through which eternal life flows. So you have something to give; something with which to bless the world.



CONFESSION
Dear Father, I thank you for your pulsating life that permeates my entire being, and with which I bless my world today. I'm conscious that I have something to give; therefore I distribute the blessings of the Kingdom to those I come in contact with today. This is an awesome privilege and I'm grateful to you for it, in Jesus' Name. Amen.



Rhapsody of Realities     November 8, 2011
--Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment