Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Vital Union!

Jesus saith unto her ... go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God (John 20:17).

Living a victorious and successful life in Christ depends on your understanding of your vital union with the Lord. Many Christians are either misinformed or completely ignorant of  the kind of relationship we have the Lord today in the New Testament. It's a vital union; an inseparable oneness. We're much more than followers, servants, friends or ambassadors of Christ; we're His body! We're members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones (Ephesians 5:30).


In John 15:5, Jesus reiterated our oneness with Him when He said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches..." This implies that you have the same life with Jesus, because life comes through the vine into the branches. It's for this same reason that the Word declares: "Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ?..." (1 Corinthians 6:15) and "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular" (1 Corinthians 12:27). 


The death and resurrection of Jesus paved the way for a new relationship with the Father. When you received salvation you were automatically brought into this vital union, making you were automatically brought into this vital union, making you a partaker in the divine experience. Through this vital union, you're awakened to the fatherhood of God, making you an associate of the God-kind.


If you're born again, you're the very offspring of Divinity. Stand tall today in Christ, for He loves to be identified with you and has brought you into oneness with Himself. He's in you, and you're in Him; what a glorious union!



PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making me a partaker of the divine nature! I rejoice and praise you for this inseparable oneness I share with you, and for the eternal life that flows in me as a result of this vital union. I'm making great progress and excelling in life today as your glory is revealed in me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.





Rhapsody of Realities   February 25, 2012
--Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment