Monday, February 14, 2011

Supernatural Favour

For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield (Psalm 5:12)


Supernatural favour is a blessing that belongs to you as a child of God. It opens doors and opportunities to you that can't be humanly explained. Favour brings kindness and grace into your life. It'll cause people to do things for you that they ordinarily wouldn't have done.

The children of Israel didn't leave Egypt empty-handed; they left with jewels of gold, silver and expensive clothes. The Bible says,
"And the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians" (Exodus 12:36). In the same manner, the Lord can give you favour in the sight of your enemies and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Also remember that He turned a prisoner into the prime minister(Joseph and much more recently; Nelson Mandella) of a great empire. That's supernatural favour!

Daniel and his companions insisted they would not eat the king's meat; they asked to be given water and vegetables only. Ordinarily the prince of the eunuchs should have refused such a request, but the Bible says "...God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs" (Daniel 1:9). At the risk of his own life, he granted Daniel's request. That was supernatural favour at work on his behalf.

Esther needed the king's audience, but the law clearly stated that anybody who came into the kings court without invitation was to die (Esther 4:11). She risked all and went in and "...when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand..." (Esther 5:2). The king forgot that she was not supposed to come to him, but for supernatural favour.

Say to yourself daily, "I am favoured; the blessings of God are upon my life. I walk in favour today." Before long, you'll have people saying to you, "I don't know why I'm doing this for you but I will anyway." That's the realm of supernatural favour!




PRAYER

Dear Father, your favour surrounds me like a shield. It opens doors for me, bringing me into my place of greatness. I thank you for this wonderful blessing, because I know that with favour working in me, nothing is too good for me! Thank you so much, in Jesus' Name. Amen.


Rhapsody of Realities April 8, 2001
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment