Wednesday, July 27, 2011

HAVE RESPECT FOR THE ANOINTING

And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD’S anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is anointed of the LORD (1 Samuel 24:6).

David was a man who understood the anointing and had respect for the Lord’s anointed. The Bible tells us how one day, Saul, with a band if three thousand chosen men sought for David, to kill him, but it was David who eventually had the opportunity to have killed Saul. He refrained.

Though David went only as far as cutting off Saul’s skirt while the latter slept, the Bible says “it came to pass afterward, that David’s heart smote him, because he has cut off Saul’s skirt. And he said unto his men, The Lord forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the Lord’s anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the Lord. So David stayed his servants with these works, and suffered them not to rise against Saul..."  (1 Samuel 24:5-7). David recognized the anointing of God upon the life of Saul and had respect unto it.

Similarly, David’s unequivocal respect for the anointing was further demonstrated when he ordered the death of Amalekite who confessed to have killed Saul. He said to the man: “…Thy blood be upon thy head; for thy mouth hath testified against thee, saying, I have slain the LORD’s anointed” (2 Samuel 1:16). David thus proved himself worthy of the anointing. God later testified of Him saying, “I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him: (Psalms 89:20).

Understand that what you respect, you attract. If you want to walk in the anointing of God’s Spirit, you must have respect for the anointing, honour and respect God’s anointed servants. Under no circumstance should you speak evil of them, seeing that they’re anointed of the Lord. God said in Psalms 105:15, “…touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.” In Romans 14:4 He says “Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? To his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.”

PRAYER
Dear Lord, I’m so glad you made me fit to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the Kingdom of lights. I thank you for the anointing of your Spirit and manifestation of your grace in my life. My heart is bowed to you in adoration, my blessed Lord and Saviour! I worship you today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen



Rhapsody of Realities     July 17,2011
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment