Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cut it out with the Word!

And take...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God (Ephesians 6:17).

Some years ago, I noticed a small growth in my body, but instead of voicing concern about it, I addressed it and said, “I cut you out of my body in the Name of Jesus!” I said everything I knew to say from God’s Word to it, but it was still there and it felt the same.

However, I had learnt a long time ago that the Word of God is more real than the world in which we live. I kept saying the same things until a whole week passed. It looked and felt like the growth was still there. But then, every time I felt it, I addressed it differently and said, “I’ve cut you out; you’re gone!” Two weeks passed and I had somehow forgotten all about it. Then one morning, while I was in the bathroom, the growth just dropped to the floor. I looked at it and picked it up; I had cut it out of my body, with the Word!

You may wonder, “How in the world did that happen?” Well, it’s very simple. The Greek word for “mouth” is “stoma,” which means “the front or edge of a weapon.” So when you confess God’s Word, in the realm of the Spirit, you’re literally cutting the devil down with a sword! That’s because “the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).

When you take up the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, you can cut any growth or disease out of your body. There’s no surgeon’s scalpel that can work as effectively and precisely as the sword of the Spirit. So put the Word in your mouth today and use it to cut out anything you don’t want in your body or in your life.

CONFESSION
My body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, therefore, no sickness, disease or infirmity can lodge in it. I cut out any disease-germ or growth that tries to attach itself to my body, in the Name of Jesus, and I continually glorify God in my spirit and my body as I walk in divine health today. Amen.


Rhapsody of Realities March 10, 2010
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment