Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Prophetic Prayer

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions (Joel 2:28).

When you worship God, His Word begins to come forth from you with power and authority to bring on a change in your situation. This kind of prayer is what I call "Prophetic Prayer." A classic example of prophetic prayer is Jonah's prayer to God when he was in the belly of the fish: "Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple"(Jonah 2:1-4).

In his hour of desperation in the fish's belly, Jonah still wanted to see the glory of God. He wanted to see Jerusalem, the city of the great King, where God's temple was. This is 'Prophetic Prayer' and it's important for the believer to pray this way. In prophetic prayer, you declare what will be; you declare what's going to happen, because the power is in your mouth! You speak the will of God into being by the supernatural inspiration of the Holy Ghost!

Romans 4:17 tells us God calls those things that are not as though they were. You are yet to see tomorrow, but God knows tomorrow. He has already seen your tomorrow; to Him, it's already in the past. He's not planning on your tomorrow; He's not going to do something about your tomorrow. He's already done all that needs to be done about it. How comforting it is to know that we serve the living God who knows everything about tomorrow.

Don't be moved by your present circumstances; they are lying vanities. Jonah considered everything around him and called them lying vanities. Those adverse circumstances are a lie, so don't observe them. Just as Jonah did-begin to worship God and declare victory even in the midst of that seeminly hopeless situation.



PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the Word of life in my mouth. I declare in the name of Jesus that your Word is prevailing in my world, and righteousness is increasing in every nation of the earth, and everywhere is covered with the knowledge of your glory. Hallelujah!




Rhapsody of Realities January 29, 2010
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment