Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Copy Jesus

He must increase, but I must decrease (John 3:30). 


This is a very powerful expression in the Scriptures credited to John the Baptist. He was talking about the Lord Jesus, and he said, "He must increase, but I must decrease." If only you'd catch this vision with your spirit and become more of Him and less of yourself.

Remember, the Father said of Jesus, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him"(Matthew 17:5). Jesus is the fulfilment of the Father's dream; He is our chief example. So if we're going to please the Father, we've got to be like Jesus. We've got to copy Him and let our character sink into His character so much that people will begin to say we look just like Him.

John declared that "as He (Jesus) is so are we in this world" (1 John 4:17). The question therefore is, Who is He? Jesus is the living Word. He's the absolute personification of Wisdom. When He walked this earth, He forgave, blessed, healed, raised the dead, embraced sinners, and changed lives. He was such a marvel, and He hasn't changed (Hebrews 13:8). Our knowledge of who Jesus is helps us know who we are and how we ought to live. When the Holy Ghost reveals Jesus to you from the Word and you get to know Him more, you'd love Him more and become more like Him. Then you can think, talk, and act like Him, because you've got His Word in you.

You know, sometimes in prayer, I tell God, "I don't just want to be a 'preacher'"; I want to be like Jesus. I want to do what He did, think like Him and love people the way He did." This should be your desire too--to see the real value of people and love them for who they really are. Some don't know who Jesus is and who they are in Him, but you can help them discover themselves and realize their true worth. As you help others discover who Jesus is to fall in love with Him and become like Him, you also become more like Him.

So let Jesus be your example in everything. Copy Him and you'll be an outstanding success anytime, anywhere!



CONFESSION 
I take after Jesus because I am born of His Word. As I study and meditate on His Word, I become like Him more and more. I do the same things He does and get His kind of results every day. My life only goes in the direction of the Son of God. Therefore, I'll never fall in life; I can only be a marvel and an outstanding success, just like Jesus. Hallelujah!



Rhapsody of Realities   May 19,2010
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment