Friday, August 5, 2011

The Training Of The Spirit

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (John 16:13)


Jesus said in John 14:26, ''But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance" The Christian life isn't possible without the Holy Spirit. At best one can only have a nice religion without Him. The Holy Spirit brings the power of God into your life. He's the one who nudges you from within to go and pray, and remind you to study the Word. In your times of prayer, He brings words into your spirit, in other tongues, so that you're able to commune with the Father in a holy heavenly language only He understands. 

Always listen to the Holy Spirit. Often times He trains us to recognize and obey His voice. In the army, soldiers are drilled regularly, not because there's war, but because they're being prepared for war. They're being trained to become tough and to learn to take orders. That's the same way the Holy Spirit trains you. When He makes you do things, don't ask "What's the purpose?" He's looking at a larger picture; He's getting you ready and prepared for the future He wants for you. 

Sometimes while in church, the Pastor makes everyone stand up; don't complain that He's making you stand again and again. That's not learning to listen to the Holy Spirit. You may not know, but He's training you to endure hardness as a good soldier. You may not wonder why your Pastor makes you pray for a long time, but it's the Spirit training you to learn to stay at the place of prayer. There's a training process in Christ, and you have to ensure you yield yourself totally to it.




PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. His presence is the greatest blessing I could ever have, for He is my advantage and the secret to the glorious and successful life. I yield myself totally to you dear Holy Spirit, to fulfill your ministry in my life and manifest your glory through me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.





Rhapsody of Realities    August 17, 2011
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome



Trelan's notes:

I have to admit a fault here; this morning the Holy Spirit tried to get me up several times, but because I was so tired, I allowed my flesh to dominate. From Monday to Thursday He'd nudge my legs or I'd feel His presence a moment before he'd gently shake the bed under my shoulder etc but today(Friday) I decided to sleep in till 9:30am. I went to bed after 1: 00am because of that plan. 

At 7:00am I felt His presence, and nudges on my legs to get up. I rolled over and said "My schedule is free today and I'm tired. I'll get up 9:30am please" (yes, I speak to the Holy Spirit with audible words). I thought that was settled, but 7:30 my alarm went off. I quickly dismissed it. By 8:15 another nudge. Again I pleaded how tired I was. 8:45am  another nudge. Now I'm starting to feel guilty; why is He trying to wake me up early so many times? Yet I slept. The phone rang three times. I know from past experience that the Spirit sometimes uses phones to get your attention or do something, because those wrong number calls were unusual.

Finally at 10am I got up(after the last wrong number phone calls), and this is the rhapsody reading He showed me. So now, I'll get up no matter how tired I am or how clear my schedule is. (I disobeyed privately so I'm repenting publicly).The Holy Spirit always knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment