Thursday, March 24, 2011

Learn To Minister To The Lord

As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them (Acts 13:2).

It's easy to understand what it means for the Holy Spirit to minister to people but not too many people understand what it means to minister to the Lord. To minister to the Lord is to worship Him; to exalt His name in praise and adoration; Bring Him an offering; and make confessions of His Word to His Name.

Certain prophets and teachers ministered to the Lord and fasted, and as they did, the Holy Spirit ministered back to them and it resulted in the first missionary journey of Paul and Barnabas. They were able to hear and receive directions from the Spirit of God because they had first ministered to the Lord and fasted. How important it is to minister to the Lord!

In ministering to the Lord, the first thing you must do is give Him all your attention (Proverbs 4:20). You have to set out time to minister to Him. Next, you speak words that extol His magesty. One of the synonyms of the word minister is worship. You should begin praising Him for specific things. Don't just say "I praise you Lord." Instead say things like, "I praise you for making your Word real to me." Praise Him with understanding.

When you constantly fellowship with the Lord this way, the Holy Spirit will direct you in the affairs of your life, and you'll always know what to do in every situation. You won't be in the dark about anything in life for the Lord Jesus has said, "I am the light or the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12).



PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for giving me the wonderful privelege to fellowship with you and minister to you from my spirit. You've made my life beautiful and put a new song in my mouth. You've made me a wonder to my generation and for this, I praise your holy Name and extol your majesty, in Jesus' Name. Amen.



Rhapsody of Realities March 18, 2009
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

No comments:

Post a Comment