Friday, March 18, 2011

Joyful Confessions

"We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; "(2 Corinthians 4:13).

For the divine provisions of the Gospel made available to you in Christ Jesus to become your vital experience in life, you must acknowlege what God has done for you and in you, and confess it. Many live beggarly lives, far below their calling because they don't know how to make these "joyful confessions." A joyful confession is declaring what God has said about you; rejoicing over who you are, what you have and what you can do in Christ, and confessing it!

Others may say you're boasting when you joyfully confess God's Word about you, but it makes no difference. You're what God says you are! 2 Corinthians 8:9, "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich." Then 1Corinthians 3:21 says "Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours." Also, 1Peter 2:24 says "
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Thus, on the basis of these scriptures, you ought to make joyful confessions and say "I refuse to be broke, poor or sick!" Say this today and every day; make it your language. Remember, Jesus said you shall have what you say (Mark 11:23). Therefore keep talking right! Learn how to use your mouth to take possession of that which is already yours in Christ Jesus. Keep declaring who you are in Christ. Testify to what God has done for you, in you and through you!

The Psalmist said "I believe therefore have I spoken" and in our opening scripture we read that
"We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; " That's because our confessions rule us. So keep making those joyful confessions of God's Word that reveal your identity, ability and inheritance in Christ Jesus.



CONFESSION
I am what God says I am; His ability, grace and power are working in me and through me mightily today! I have what God says I have, and can do what God says I can do. His Word to me is reality, and that's the basis for which I know I'll never be poor, sick, broke or defeated!




Rhapsody of Realities November 24, 2010
-Pastor Chris Oyakhilome



No comments:

Post a Comment