Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Confess Who You Are!

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).

When the Lord said to Abram "Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee." (Genesis 17:5), the man was still childless. But because he had faith, he immediately began to call himself "Abraham" (father of many). He didn't wait to see the physical children before he confessed who he was; he believed and therefore spoke out that he was the father of many. He wasn't confessing it to make it happen; rather, he was confessing it as the reality.

This is the faith-attitude that God wants us to emulate. Our opening scripture shows us that faith believes and therefore speaks. In other words, when you're operating by the spirit of faith, you don't speak or confess something to make it happen; nor do you try to convince yourself that what you're saying exists. Instead, the reason you're confessing the Word is because you already believe in your heart that what you're saying is real before giving voice to it. By your confessing you're establishing that which you've already believed to be real.

This is where some have misunderstood faith; they're not speaking because they've believed. they're speaking to believe. It explains why they get frustrated when things don't turn out as they expected. Faith is the evidence that what you hoped for is now a reality (Hebrews 11:1), and that's why your confession must be based on what you've believed in your heart, not the other way around. If you have evidence of something, it gives you the confidence to speak of it boldly. In the same way, when you believe that what God has said about you is the reality, you're bold to declare it, notwithstanding what the devil, circumstances or even your mind may tell you.

So today, be bold to confess who you are: you're a new creation in Christ Jesus, born with the life, nature and power of God in your spirit! Therefore satan, sickness, disease and death can no longer have dominion over you! You're an heir of God and a joint heir with Christ, therefore prosperity is your birthright! Learn to confess the Word like this all the time, not so it will happen but because that's the reality about who you are.


CONFESSION 
I am what God says I am. I can do what He says I can do, and I have what He says I have. My faith is the evidence that everything  God has said concerning me is my present-hour possession. I have a sound mind and I can do all things through Christ, who energizes me! Glory to God!



Rhapsody of Realities   May 21, 2011
-Pastor Anita Oyakhilome



Trelan's notes on believing:

I've found out that believing God is not hard at all. For me, it means is to agree with Him. I know that God loves me, and no one has to convince me of the magnificence of his works, all I have to do is look around. His Word created the world, so now I have to decide if I want trust His Word or my present circumstance. I decide wise thing is to agree with God and stand against present situations. This is how beleiving works. 

Beleiving is agreement, acceptance and allowance (often with emotions attached). It is completely within your control. Unbelief is not "no belief"(everyone believes something!), instead, it is believing in something else that goes against the current Word that requires your belief. It is agreeing with something else. Fortunately, you get to decide what report you're going to agree with. Choose Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment